Ulearn Pre-conference & Day 1

Well I don’t think I can put into words the inspiration that I felt today during the Ulearn conference. As a first time attendee I didn’t really know what to expect so I just made sure I read everything on the website and emails that I received I also joined up to twitter earlier this year and watched with interest the excitement that has developed over the last few weeks leading up to the conference.


I have now attended my pre-conference workshop, the first day keynote and breakouts 1,2 and 3 and I’m really looking forward to the next installment tomorrow. I can’t wait to be challenged an inspired by the presenters tomorrow.

Notes from today will be scanned in soon.

Pre-Conference – Thinking Teacher Thinking Classroom – David Anderson
A challenging presentation that made me really think carefully about my classroom practice.

Breakout 1 - Nine in 90 minutes
Breakout 2 - Authentic presenters for an authentic audience
Breakout 3 - Showcase for the future
The one presentation I didn’t make notes on was the Authentic presenters, Authentic audience breakout that I went to. This was all about PENN – point England News Network. The school presents a news show twice I week I think and also has a spot on Triangle TV.

Comments