How to create a labels gadget
- Post's about their child
- Weekly certificate winners
- Posts about our gala day preparations
- Posts about our maths competition
- For each child I'll have a label with their name for example: Joe
- For a post about this weeks certificate winner I'll use the label: CertificateWinner
- For a post about our preparation for our Gala day I'll use the label: GalaDayPrep
- For a post about our maths competition I'll use the label: MathsComp2015
Find Posts using the labels gadget
You'll notice when you click on a label that the address bar changes - this is actually a website address that'll get you directly to all the posts with that label.
Another way of quickly seeing all the posts for a particular label at once is to add it to your pages gadget. This way it looks like the posts are a separate page on your blog when in fact blogger just finds all the posts with that label and shows them on one page for you.
This is a little harder to do than just using a labels gadget....
- Visit your blog and find a post that has the label you're looking for.
- Click on that label
- Blogger will bring up all the posts with that label
- Copy the URL (website address) at the top of the screen while you're looking at these posts
- Login to your blogger at www.blogger.com
- Go to layout and edit your pages gadget
- Add an 'external link'
- Paste the link you got when looking at your labelled posts
- Make sure that link is showing up on your navigation bar.
You can use the link you copied above anywhere in your blog. For example if you have an inquiry page you could add a link off that to all the posts that have been labeled with that inquiry title.
Creating a Page that Links to Posts about Students/topics/events
Another way of displaying the links to specific labels is to create a page with pictures that link to the label. I've created an example of this on the BlogTastic Training Blog, try clicking on the Post Labels link on the Blogtastic training blog and see where it takes you.
I've done this using a Google Drawing, I've then published the Google Drawing to the web and used iframe html code to make the links work correctly. Day 4's challenge explains how to publish and add the Google Drawing.