Day 19 of 20 Days to BlogTastic - Further Post Ideas
Here's the link to make a copy of this google doc.
More Post Ideas
What you post on your classroom blog really depends on you and your classroom environment. Think carefully about what you're going to use your blog for and what would benefit your users.
Here are a few more ideas..
- Provocations - plant a seed for future learning post a video, link to an article, photo, map, artefact that links to your next learning steps or that might spark an inquiry from your students
- Competitions - Create a competition each week - simple like the first one to tell me what the title of the article on the second page of the newsletter in the comments gets...
- Leaderboard - update your blog community on who's leading your class Dojo points, Skoolbo, StudyLadder, Matheletics with most correct answers (rather than levels)
- Gather research - add a google form to your blog post and get your readers opinions, ideas etc. Google forms are great for analysis too (look at the summary of responses)
- Start a collaborative story - post a link to a google doc and get your readers to add to the story (needs to be closely monitored obviously)
- Story series - create a class character or use your mascot and blog a fiction or non-fiction story about them once a week remember to use a label so your readers to go back to previous episodes
- Reviews - become toy testers and review the latest toys, food critics - review restaurants and other food outlets or your school lunches
- Guest blogger - interview teachers, classmates, visitors to the school
Let us know if a comment on this post the kinds of things you've added to your schedule.
If some of the extra post ideas above sound like they'll work for your class give them a try over the next few days. Add any other ideas you've had for classroom blog posts to the comments section of this post.
Have you completed the challenge?
Remember to update your challenge spreadsheet!
If you'd like to join the challenge please click here for more information
See you tomorrow!