At their fingertips...

Well it's only been two days but already I've had teachers comment about the changes I've made to my classroom and most importantly the children in my class are loving it. They are at home with the new computers at their fingertips design of our classroom and wish they could have more. I knew it would be something they enjoyed but I didn't think that it would be that enjoyable, I guess I underestimated how much more engaged they would be.

Things to smile about:
- new writing, reading and mathematics contracts making use of computer groups for warm ups, discussions and brainstorms
- engagement in learning even when they aren't using the computers.
- whole class is more involved as they have a 1:3,4 or 5 ratio so more opportunity to contribute

Things that need tweeking
- creating comments via our blog, not working too well through our network
- getting the cords to stick in the right place so they don't get run over by seats, desks or feet.
- traffic jam around art area

Watch this space .... photos and more tweeking & smiles to come

Comments

  1. I think the big thing is to say (and keep saying) to yourself that what you're doing is new and different and there are no rules - so if you try something and it doesn't work then you try something else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment